So our family is now recovering from the worst round of Flu I can remember any of us having ever. The boys missed a whole week of school and Alec was running a temp. of 105 for several days. Rodger has been extremely grouchy through all of this and I was trying to figure out why he was so bent out of shape while we were lying in bed last night. See the boys and I seem to get every bug that goes around, and Rodger hasn't been sick in as long as I can remember. Now I do know that he hates to be sick, but he really has been unreasonably irritable. So we are laying there trying to breathe without coughing, and he comes out with, " I didn't think I was ever going to get sick again." He continues to explain to me that he really is in phenomenal shape, while I am trying unsuccessfully to keep from dying because I am now laughing and coughing at the same time. Now in his favor he really does eat better and exercise more than anyone I know (except maybe Kelly), but come on. So as we talk more I realize that he is dead serious and thought he was just impervious to virus or bacteria. The only conclusion that I can come to is that he must be delirious with fever, and I'm going to hope he comes to his senses before the next time he gets sick or heaven help us all.


3 comments:
My little monkey are just getting over the flu also...I laughed out loud about Rodger! hey I found this calender that is supposed to work...if you want a girl for your next baby (trust me- girls are a blast!) http://www.thelaboroflove.com/chart/cal.html
I have tried to figure it out with all the nieces and one nephew I have with my sister and sister-in-laws and it is right everytime. I have no idea how this is right it just works. Check it out if it was right with your boys. Good luck-pink thoughts!
I tried to comment earlier, but it didn't work. I'm so sorry you were all so miserable, we had it to. NOT FUN! So funny about Rodger thinking he was super-human, I must admit while I'm so not miss healthy I hardly ever get sick so I start to feel immune. Let's just say pride goeth before the fall!
Post a Comment