OK...I knew it was coming. The moment when I just break down and can't take it anymore, and it's here now. Christmas is three days away and I haven't baked my goodies, wrapped a single present, mailed my Christmas cards (they are finished, just not mailed yet), cleaned my house (I'm not sure I've ever seen it this bad), started my brother's handmade gift, or found anything for Rodger yet. Now you may ask yourself why I have left everything until the last freaking minute, but I have been feeling supremely confident lately. You see, I have no church calling. I loved Young Women's, in fact I have loved it for seven years total. But it took up A LOT of my time. So, since I was released I have been feeling like Wonder Woman with all the time in the world. Well reality descended today, and I have a new calling. I am now a Relief Society teacher. Now for some of you this would be no big deal, but for me this is complete and total lunacy. I CANNOT teach adults. Give me restless rowdy primary children, mischievous cub scouts, ward parties to plan, or even dramatic teenage girls, but ADULT WOMEN? This is going to be a bad thing. So now in light of this huge shadow hanging over me, I am panicking about anything and everything in my life. Deep breaths......Deep breaths
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Don't worry - it will ALL come together. I wish we could "trade" callings :) But I know you are going to be a great teacher... it's in your genes! Just smile today and take it one MINUTE at a time! Love ya!
I feel the same way! I am not ready and it is Christmas Eve! We are walking around and pulling a sled to deliver the neighbors gifts. By the way it is fun to see what your family is up to! I loved the Sedona pictures. They brought back a lot of fun memories. I will need to take my kids there sometime too. This is fun that you have a blog too!
Monica! So good to "hear" from you. Your boys sure are growing up. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family. It will be fun checking in on you...yeah blogs!
Wow, I don't check for a week and boom look at you go with all these posts! I was a RS teacher for a few months til they called me as choir director and LOVED it. It is hard work and the JS lessons are 100X's deeper than I am, but I learned so much and the women are all rooting for you and you feel closer to them. You'll be GREAT!
Post a Comment