Monday, August 25, 2008

Wasting Time....

So several of my friends have these fun memory posts up right now. You know, the ones where you are supposed to leave any fun memories you have with that person, and as such I have been taking a stroll down memory lane today. Of course I am supposed to be teaching a card making class tomorrow morning for enrichment, and I haven't even started making my samples yet. So I am blog stalking because I can't seem to function properly unless I am in some kind of procrastination-induced time crunch! But back to the point of this post...I was thinking about all the unbelievably stupid and ridiculous things I used to do. And then I realized that I still do lots of stupid and ridiculous things.......and then I realized that I am now the mom. The idea of this scares the hell out of me. When I was younger I saw my Mom as this reasonable and sensible creature that always seemed to know just what to do and how to go about it. I am now wondering if she put on a really good show, or if she really was as together as I thought. Because I am not a "together" kind of person, I think I must enjoy flying by the seat of my pants because I seem to do it on a regular basis. I know this is an odd post, kind of a stream of consciousness kind of thing, but does anyone else ever feel this way?

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Being a mom is hard work. I hate that I have to think about how the way I behave will affect them for the rest of their lives. I guess you just do the best you know how and hope they turn out normal :)

I never did raft down the colorado river...you must have done that one without me :) I did do all of the other stupid things though. I was thinking about all of our layout sessions, slumber parties and music videos (Don't turn around!). Remember how we used to sneak out from your grandparent's house and walk close to the garage so we didn't set off the motion sensor lights? And then freak ourselves out walking down the dirt road...the cows were pretty convincing for criminals on the loose :) Oh, remember how we tried to catch fish in the river with baggies? and I sunburned the insides of my thighs so bad that I couldn't wear pants for days? I'm thinking most of my "dumb" moments were spent with you :) We had a lot of fun though!

Andrea W. said...

Oh I SO feel that way. I have these moments where my 4 little people are asking me something and I want to yell, "WHY IS EVERYONE LOOKING AT ME LIKE I KNOW SOMETHING?"

Ginger said...

You are such a good mom and yes, you do have it together! I think we as moms have our "freak out" sessions because they help keep us sane! Just yesterday I finally had to tell my kids not to ask me anything else because I was too tired to come up with an answer. =) I think Heavenly Father made moms this way because men don't question things like women do, therefore they don't anticipate future events like we do and if we didn't constantly question how we are doing we would all be pretty "off course" in the end. Ya know? Hang in there... your a great mom and your going to make it through this!

Rachel said...

No, I really didn't raft down the Little Colorado...I would definately remember that. I don't swim, remember? That would have been traumatizing for me! (Like the water skiing was :)

Graham Fam said...

Stay the way you are. You make life fun and you are always easy going, willing to try something new at any moment. You work well under pressure.